Anhua Song is the Senior Software Engineer and bioinformatician of Dr. Lenard Zon’s Laboratory (Zon Lab). He is responsible for processing zebrafish genome data and publishing organized experiment results to the Internet.
Anhua also develops web applications used by both researchers in the Zon Lab as well as by peer scientists around the world.
In addition, Anhua administrates and maintains Linux and Windows servers, SQL databases, NAS storages and all Windows and Linux PCs for the entire laboratory.
Furthermore, Anhua writes codes for robotic machineries used in the laboratory in order to enhance their functions, and helps to maintain these robots.
Main web and desktop applications developed by Anhua include:
1. Zebrafish Genome Project. This was the primary project of Zon Lab, sponsored by NIH for ten years. The corresponding web application was praised by NIH. It was the first Zon Lab web application developed in 2000 with VB6, ASP, MS Access. The ASP application ‘Instant RH Mapping‘ was highly recognized by peer scientists.
Zebrafish Epigenetics Project. This ambitious project is the newest one sponsored by
HHMI (The Howard Hughes Medical Institute).
pages are as following:
a. Zebrafish Chromatin Factor Results. This page populates experiment results stored in SQL Server to an ASP.NET GridView. Some further processes are taken on the fly before data has been presented to end users.
3. Zebrafish BLAST Services. This is a web application service for genome sequencing alignments computing, a versatile and sophisticated interface was developed by using ASP.NET to connect end users to localized NCBI BLAST engine and specialized genome datasets.
4. Comparative Genomics. This is a mutual BLAST results among Zebrafish Assembly, Human Genome and Fugu Genome. The BLASTed alignment results were processed, refined and organized to help peer scientists compare these related genomes. The key point of this project is to make ASP.NET web pages interact with third party’s commercial applications.
5. Stem Cell Project. The Stem Cell Project has two versions; one was developed by using PHP & Web Services and the other is by using ASP & Web Services. The web pages show local stored data as well as data from web service.
6. Computer-Aided Robotic Glue Score Application. This application was developed for robotic machineries to enhance their functions and help technicians to score the experimental results from glue images more efficiently.
Beside these projects, Anhua has been developing many small desktop and web applications for laboratory researchers and peer scientists for over 10 years. Some of these projects are developed with Apache + PHP + MySql, and are deployed on Linux platform. These applications greatly facilitate the researches conducted by scientists both in the Zon lab and all over the world, and are appreciated by end users.
Contact Anhua Back to Home